I woke up this morning to single digit temperatures, it’s official, winter is on its way!
So with this in mind I thought I would come up with my essential winter fashion items for the man about town. These are staples of the male wardrobe so some of you may already have them, but you should always keep them topped up so you can bring them out this October:
- The tweed blazer : I am a big fan of blazer, mostly due to their adaptability for any occasion. And nothing says winter for my wardrobe more than a good quality tweed blazer think enough to keep you warm through Autumn as temperatures dip.
- A good boot: Whether it is a smart ankle boot, or something more casual, winter is all about the boots when it comes to foot wear. Protecting the ankles from a chill or from the splash of a puddle or snow, boots are essential menswear for winter.
- Leather gloves: Controversial to some, but to me you can’t beat a good leather glove. Fits and styles come and go but there is no glove more stylish than one made of leather.
- Chunky knitwear: Personally I am a fan of a cardigan over a jumper, but either way, a good selection of chunky knitwear is ideal for layering up in the winter time. It can be coupled with a shirt for something smarter, or a t-shirt for the casual look, on both occasions you wont have to worry about being cold.
- Head wear of choice: I am a man of little hair (by choice not by age!) So head wear for me is an important thing as temperature’s drop closer to zero. Personally I like a nice knitwear option, I tend to get a couple each year. I’ve dabbled with the flat cap option, don’t think it is for me. Choose one which suits your look and run with it.
So there’s my tips. Get that winter wardrobe up to scratch and no matter the temperature, you will be looking hot.